Allpar Forums banner

6G72 Water pipe / leak between cylinder heads

4824 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Kevin1990
Hey guys....

Just fixed my minivans timing belt problem, flushed the tranny and power steering and of course engine oil and coolant.
Runs fine, trans shifts great (after flushing it -> the Dexron thing) and everything works.

Now a strange problem. There´s water dripping out between the cylinder heads / underneath the intake manifold on the transmission´s side.

Could it be the water pipe from the pump?
The pipe was movable, not firmly connected like i thought.

What could it be and if the problem is the pipe, do i have to remove the belt / pump etc again? Please tell m no....

Thanks a lot!

Kevin
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Super Moderator
21,370 Posts
There could be a few causes.
First the O ring on the back of the water pump may not have sealed properly.
Or the end of the pipe may be corroded and that's they the O ring didn't seal.
Or the pipe could be rusted through.

You'll have to tear something apart to get at it.

· Registered
1,147 Posts
There is also an O-ring on the transmission side that seals the main pipe to the end pipe on the transmission side. I have seen these pipes available from Dorman at a cost quite a bit cheaper than the dealer. I can't speak for the quality of the aftermarket pipes.

· Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Finally a update....i checked both O rings....replaced the one on the transmission side....but both were OK.....and now it comes.....cracked thermostat housing. I checked it for leaks first, nothing....while replacing the o rings and building together the intake manifold....i saw the little crack. Water was flowing through under the intake manifold, anding up on the trans....

Anyway, thanks for help guys, i really appreciate it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.