Allpar Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

"Grand Wagoneer / Cherokee 6x6 factory built only 1 made it also has rear steer in last axle."

Really?? Interesting if true.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I suspected as much. That comment about rear steer on the last axle also did not make sense to me.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If the rear steer was only on the last (back-most) rear axle I was thinking that would mean the forward rear axle would be fixed straight causing the tires to scrub and resist turning. I am probably just reading too much into it though.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Stomper said:
"Grand Wagoneer / Cherokee 6x6 factory built only 1 made it also has rear steer in last axle."

Really?? Interesting if true.
What is the source of this quote? It wasn't built at JTE but it would be fun to talk to the person who built it.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
One other note; It's not a Grand Wagoneer, it's a Cherokee, but the poster may have been throwing a bunch of keywords at the Ad to get more hits.

As an FYI, I'd steer clear of this Jeep...pun intended... ;)

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
Based on the discoloration in the panel between the B-pillar and the D-pillar, I expect that the body started out life as a four-door...

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
TWX said:
Based on the discoloration in the panel between the B-pillar and the D-pillar, I expect that the body started out life as a four-door...
It's possible, but not because of the discoloration, but because it's a Wagoneer roof, note the pillar at "D".
The Front fenders are Cherokee as are the 4 rear fenders. Wagoneer never had a wide axle, large fender model.

Cherokee

Wagoneer

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What is the source of this quote? It wasn't built at JTE but it would be fun to talk to the person who built it.
Been busy, just on for a minute now. A friend of a friend of mine posted it on Facebook and I am fairly sure as they say on the commercial, "You can't put anything on the internet that is not true." Thanks for the info and links I will look at them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts