Allpar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to swap out my old 318 for a updated heim engine and drive train and electronics.
Has this been tryed recently? Does anyone have any info on this? Will it even fit? Do I need to change K member to the BB block K member? Is it possible to do such a thing?

·
Premium Member
20,074 Posts
Welcome to the forum. :Yes, it has been done, and yes, it easily fits. Get ahold of a few of the Mopar magazines out there, find them online, read up and you will find it. The V8 K member you have will work, and there should be aftermarket motor mounts available, several different Mopars have been given the 6.1.

·
Registered
570 Posts
The dealerships (and I'm sure the aftermarket as well) have a harness to retrofit into older bodies as well as a computer to work with it. That was done to get the computers electronics to work independent of the body computer and wiring..

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
Sounds like a fun project, albeit some money involved. But, considering what we put into rebuilding old engines, probably not as bad as it initially sounds.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Helped build a '49 Dodge with a Hemi from a PU truck. Just get all the harnesses and sensors, and you're good to go. Not difficult, great performance and fuel efficiency. Plan on a 489 or 742 Rear axle, which will fit nicely. Contact Schumacher engine swaps for mounts etc. engine-swaps.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts