Allpar Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know what "g' code means in relation to a 73 challenger, looking at a possible project car listed like this, dosnt have a motor or trans though?

·
Premium Member
4,969 Posts
If it is in the VIN then it probably means 318 V8.

·
Premium Member
20,080 Posts
Gotta start somewhere with an E body. Great thing is, it changes easily enough.

·
Registered
85 Posts
The 73 K members I think used spool mounts for the engine. A little bit different than the pancake style from earlier models.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well this car is kinda far from us I was wondering if it was something special, not really worth the distance I think

·
Super Moderator
13,926 Posts
mopar56 said:
well this car is kinda far from us I was wondering if it was something special, not really worth the distance I think
It would also depend on the condition of especially the body IMHO. A rust and dent free E body of any year is worth some $$$, even the ones with a 225 Slant Six (up to 1972) or a 318, :)

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
If I understand it, the E-bodies, even with the least powerful engines, generally came with more of the performance goodies than the other chassis did, so it may well be easier to install a performance engine and have brakes and a differential ready to handle that performance engine.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well from the pictures I seen its neither dent free or rust free or complete, just cheap, lol, anyway I think we will will keep looking for that preverbial barn find I guess

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well according to Dodge & Plymouth Muscle car RED BOOK .
Yes I copied right from the book force of habit .Any way you have found a sb v8 mopar
It's definitely a neck snapping 150 horse power 318ci 2v v8 with head casting numbers for the
was 318 -2843675 if it had been a H it would have been a 340 car with a 4 bbl. and 240 hp.
With head casting numbers of 3671587. Any way you look at it she sounds sweet or well be before long .
Hope that you have fun with the ole gal.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well thanks for the info, this was from an old post, we passed on the car, too far away from home to be worth getting, we are still looking closer to home, we have two leads now on a 70 cuda and a 67 dart, we will see.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts