Allpar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im pretty new to this and i need some help just resource wise, im restoring a 73 dart sedan and finding stuff for it has been a major pain in the [I should have my mouth washed out with soap for using such terms], the other part that doesnt help is that im not sure what it should be in the first place. I need help finding emblems and somewhere to get classic mopar glass (the front windshield is trashed and anyone who has pics of a finished restore or any advice would be really appreciated!!!!

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
. . . im restoring a 73 dart sedan and finding stuff for it has been a major pain in . . . . the other part that doesnt help is that im not sure what it should be in the first place. . . .
Go to this site and decode the VIN for 1973 Chrysler vehicles. It will be in the lower left windshield area as you view the top of the dash.

1973 Chrysler, Dodge and Plymouth V.I.N. Information (at http://www.440magnum-network.com/info/tech/vin/1973vin.shtml )

The first 4 characters of the VIN will be LL41 or LH41 (base or custom). In 1973 Dodge Dart had 2 variations of the 4 door sedan. Base Dart model and upscale trim model Dart Custom. The 4 door models still retained front, pivotable vent windows while the 2 door variations did not. Slant six engine models had drum brakes all around and V8 models had manual front disc brakes / rear drums standard equipment. Power assist was optional.

There are numerous pictures of 1973 Dodge Dart 4 door sedans on the internet. Problem with pictures that you will find is that lots of parts may be missing. One stand out for all 1973 Chrysler vehicles / cars is the massive bumper guards found front and rear. These satisfied the federal requirement of impact absorption without body damage for this vehicle year.

1973 dart 4 door sedan - Google Search (at https://www.google.com/search?q=1973+dart+4+door+sedan&rlz=1C1CHBD_enUS841US841&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=ursu1LLQr4GIPM%253A%252C3flmGRx9Ufn3ZM%252C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kQh3I4v5uo6nU6TEVZN-EO8ewe-CQ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjelebAsKTiAhVIRKwKHaEbCbMQ9QEwAHoECAkQBA#imgrc=vMrqK-aJBTm0UM:&vet=1 )

The first picture of the dark green custom 4 door sedan with black vinyl roof looks very correct. The second picture looks to be a base 4 door sedan, beige in color and appears correct.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Join "forabodiesonly.com"

HUGE help !! Lots of guys with parts, NOS and used.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
I would think with the high number of A bodys built with hardly any change the galss companys still make that windshield?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts