Allpar Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a new satellite and it has a minute lifter tick after a long drive. im gonna change em soon, but i was wondering about if i should do the cam too, and how hard it is?

i would like to do something for a little more performance, but idk a good lift/duration for it. its currently all stock right now, so any ideas would be great. thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
o i cant believe i forgot that lol. its the 318. the tick is pretty regular once it happens tho, and ive heard them quite often so i do believe it is the lifter. if it is a rocker or something else i will have to deal with it then. but for now im plannin on the lifter cuz its not really bad yet.
even tho, i still was mostly wondering about if i should do the cam with it, and if so wut cam?
thanks dana44

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya I was told by my mechanic buddy who is a big Chrysler guy about the can issue, but he said he would be willing to bet its just the lifter in this case. We shall see tho. I just bought the lifters today and I think Tuesday night I'm gonna do the swap.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
true that. the current plan for me is to keep it driving good for the summer, then do all the body work this winter. then drive it next summer and do the engine work next summer. so for now i think im just gonna do the lifter swap on it, and keep her goin.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.