Allpar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, thanks for any responses. I have a 74 Roadrunner that I am attempting to swap the rear drum brakes for disc. It has a 8.75 rear from a 64 Imperial. As far as I can tell the rear lug pattern is either 5 x 5.5 or 5 x 5.25. Anyway, my question is, will any rear conversion kit fit as long as it's for a 8.75 rear, or will I have to find one that matches the rear from the imperial precisely.

·
Super Moderator
21,398 Posts
Welcome to Allpar. Imperial 11"x3" drums and bolt patterns were different than other models.
You might want to e-mail this question to AAJ Brakes and see if their conversion would work.
AAJ Brake Conversion Web Page
The residual pressure valve will have to be removed for rear disc brakes.

·
Premium Member
20,093 Posts
Wasn't 1964 the tapered axle rear ends with a big bolt on the end of them, or was it changed by then? A B body 8.75 should not be that difficult rear end to find.

·
Super Moderator
21,398 Posts
I was looking at the 1965/1966 parts catalog with flanged axles. 1964 may have been tapered axle shafts?
Imperial wheel bolt pattern was a different 5 x 6.0".

·
KOG
7,032 Posts
I think MOPAR Action has covered this.

·
Registered
768 Posts
1964 was the last year for tapered axle shafts.74 B bodies had a wider rearend then other B bodies.Look at the chart for spring perch measurements and total axle width.I believe Allpar has a chart posted.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Unless your building a poser for looks or a really serious road racer it isnt worth the trouble, rear drums are just fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts