Allpar Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, hope everyone is staying well!

I don’t get to enjoy my Cordoba as it is in a province I don’t live in, and cannot travel without quarantining, however the rest of my family enjoys it on a regular basis. I’m attempting to source some pieces that have gone missing/disintegrated over time, and one of those things are the lenses over the interior lights on the doors and rear interior panels. I heard some time ago that these lenses were pretty interchangeable throughout the years and models, just wondering if that is true and what my options are. Also if anyone knows a trick to reattach the trunk lock medallion... I’d love to know.
Thanks!
upload_2020-6-21_16-17-17.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
37,835 Posts
Spend some time on eBay. The lens covers show up regularly there, new and used. If you switch the interior lights to LEDs, the new covers will last longer without the bulb heat.

if the lock cover base is still on the car, the spring that held the medallion cover broke. I’m not sure the spring is available separately.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Spend some time on eBay. The lens covers show up regularly there, new and used. If you switch the interior lights to LEDs, the new covers will last longer without the bulb heat.

if the lock cover base is still on the car, the spring that held the medallion cover broke. I’m not sure the spring is available separately.
Thanks Valiant, I think LED is a great suggestion. And I’ll keep an eye open on EBay.

The base of the lock is still there, the spring is what is missing. I was wondering if there was a way to put it back together. One would just have to use some steel to create a spring? As a piano technician, I have lots of steel wire

·
Super Moderator
37,835 Posts
The hard part is knowing what the spring needs to look like. I’ll have to see if I have any old pieces laying around tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
37,835 Posts
There is a Cordoba trunk lock cover on eBay. They show the back, but I don’t know if it shows enough detail or not.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The hard part is knowing what the spring needs to look like. I’ll have to see if I have any old pieces laying around tomorrow. There is a Cordoba trunk lock cover on eBay. They show the back, but I don’t know if it shows enough detail or not.
After a bunch of looking around, and looking at covers from other cars, I think it’s not terribly difficult. Just a coiled spring, I’ll follow this up when I get the chance to try repairing it.

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
I'm doing this from memory, but I believe some of the interior lights may have been used on later Chrysler products as well. I had a Cordoba the same color as yours. It was a 76, I bought it in 78 and it only had 23,000 miles on it. It was a good car.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm doing this from memory, but I believe some of the interior lights may have been used on later Chrysler products as well. I had a Cordoba the same color as yours. It was a 76, I bought it in 78 and it only had 23,000 miles on it. It was a good car.
I’m thinking this is the consensus with the lenses. The car has been great so far, a huge hit wherever I go. I have a blast driving it. The 360 moves the car along wonderfully, won’t break the tires free from a stop, but it gets up to speed in a seamless wave of torque. I had dual exhaust put on last summer, but the guy didn’t put a crossover in, I want to add that. Other than that, I’ve put new suspension in the rear (the bump stops got a good workout with any amount of weight in the back).

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
Mine too was a 360. I put duels on and a 4bbl carb. Was about 20 at the time single and had a good job, so I had money to spend on my car. I wish however that is spent some of it on new lower rear gears. 3.55s would've helped a lot I'm my quest for acceleration.

·
Super Moderator
37,835 Posts
My 79 Cordoba has 3.2 gears. It’s got the E58 “high performance” 360 4bbl which came with the better gearing. That 79 was more spirited than my 77 400 with 2.4 gears.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts