Allpar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
really random one here but I own a 1978 B100 shorty here in the UK.
Out of interest, is there anywhere, a forum or register, whereby using my VIN number I could get the history of my vans previous life before coming to the UK in 2019?.
Things like dealership it was purchased from, previous spec, possible previous owners, etc etc, as it's now a 318 auto, but I believe it started life as a slant 6, manual, and came out of Texas.
I'm in the process of making it a 70's style street van and would love a bit of previous history on it.

Thanks.......Jase.

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
24,230 Posts
Maybe not from the dealerconnect on something this old.
Maybe a options/sales codes list could be pulled up with the last 8 of the VIN?

·
Super Moderator
40,486 Posts
The VIN will tell you the original engine. There was d ad Lao an under hood options decal though it may be missing or unreadable by this time.

You probably won’t be able to get much from the VIN. My understanding is the dealer VIN option report is only for the 90s and newer. The services like Carfax only recognize the newer 17 digit VIN and didn’t start collecting data until the 1990s or so.

Privacy laws often prevent states from giving out information on ownership history.

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
24,230 Posts
The B100 was the short wheelbase (109") is also referred to as 'B1'. The Tradesman was the cargo version with limited seating and windows. The Sportsman was the 'family wagon' or passenger version with carpeting, seat and windows.
The 3 trim levels were Base, Custom & Royal.
A 1972 B100 Sportsman slant-6, 3 on the tree was my first car.

Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot Number

Green Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot

Colorfulness Purple Rectangle Font Violet

Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Slope

Font Parallel Slope Triangle Plan

Style Font Parallel Art Paper

1 - 5 of 5 Posts