Allpar Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the 318 started. It was a long day working on a couple other projects but i took a few minutes to get the engine "in the neighborhood"
I saw one of these with a 340 in it like 30 to 35 years ago at the Schwabenhoff mopar show and he had the 340 sitting in there looking nice and he was driving it on the street. These cars have a pretty good sized engine bay. I have a friend who used to race one with a Big Hemi years ago. Of course it had to have a tube chassis

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's some great pics. Glidden did well with whatever he put his mind to.
I ran into a gentleman years ago when i was in the building trades union at a power house near Milwaukee who used to work for Chrysler Corp running the dynos. He said he never saw a 340 engine under 340hp. That's a motor that was rated as 275 hp. Lol

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
24,507 Posts
I followed some dead links to fiberglass hoods, but to no avail. If any do exist, I wonder who is sitting on them?
Hoods rusted out quickly on these and being a 'crash' part, would make them popular purchases.
I don't have the Mitsubishi part numbers, sometimes that helps with searches and ID-ing parts.
The parts catalog also has views that the service manual doesn't have. It is useful in the shop as well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My hood is straight. What i can do is use it as a pattern to make one out of steel or fiberglass. Making the buck and making the glass hood is a lot of time and work. Im certain there is a rust free one out there. I can as a last resort remove the rust on mine and skim coat it with resin e.t.c.
Oy don't even want to think about it right now

·
Registered
22 Posts
My hood is straight. What i can do is use it as a pattern to make one out of steel or fiberglass. Making the buck and making the glass hood is a lot of time and work. Im certain there is a rust free one out there. I can as a last resort remove the rust on mine and skim coat it with resin e.t.c.
Oy don't even want to think about it right now
Try Murray Park in Tiffin, Ohio. He has a huge yard full of Mopars.

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
24,507 Posts
The Mirage was Mitsubishi's equivalent for the Colt. The Lancer Celeste was their Arrow equivalent. Perhaps there are parts or owners clubs for these in other countries, particularly Australia?:

Font Screenshot Number Document Electric blue

1 - 13 of 13 Posts