Allpar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,359 Posts
Hey Brad, welcome to the forum. End play is important, but there is a set of bearings that have been out for quite a while called "green bearings", which replace the adjustment hardware and keeps end play in both axles. It is important in the ability to prevent heat expansion from damaging the bearings and seals, and like I said, the green bearings pre-set the amount needed, but I don't know if you have them in the rear end or not, it is just the only thing I can think of that would not have an adjustment in it.

·
Premium Member
20,359 Posts
The end play is only about .008-.012 if memory serves me right, so it isn't very much. Put two green bearings in there and that could possibly reduce it to .004 per side, which is pretty hard to really feel. I really don't know about the seals, whether they are part of the green bearing setup or whether they are regular seals with the non-adjustable green bearins. Hopefully the article said something about that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.