Allpar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Christopher said:
That was the primary reason I got an R/T. I absolutely detest the e-shifter and you can be sure that when talking about why I got the R/T, that comes up. A buddy of mine was out in my car the other day and I was letting him drive it. He liked it. A lot. But he thought that the v6 would be sufficient for him. I told him my opinion on the eshifter and told him unless they fixed it to drive the car with it because in my opinion, while the trans was supposedly fantastic and I wanted to get a v6, the e shifter is a piece of garbage.
To each his own, I guess. I have had mine for a little over a year, and never had any real problems with it. The only shift that has ever slowed me down is Drive to Reverse, and that one doesn't come up often. Not enough puts you in Neutral, too much puts you in Park. Other than that, it is either one click or all the way.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Christopher said:
On the several test drives I drove with a v6/8sp I was never able to hit reverse on the first try. If you can't do that on a test drive, there is a flaw with the equipment. If that is functioning properly, then I think there is a flaw in the design.

Engineers may disagree on the basis that it is functioning as designed, but when it comes to something like that, if I can't hit the gear on the first shot on multiple occasions, there is a problem.
It's no different than learning any new shifter. I used to miss shifts with my dad's minivan (column shifter). The first few times I drove a car with the serpentine shifter, it would take me a little bit to get it to the gear that I wanted. When I first learned to drive, I know I didn't shift perfectly for quite a while. Dont' even get me started on driving manual transmission. There was nothing inherantly wrong with any of those, I just wasn't familiar with them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.