Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i installed different steering box out of a junk yard in my b200 (318) camper style van. After I had it all back together the steering wheel rolls to the right automatically when you start the van, just parked there. Thought I grabbed a bad steering box so I went and exchanged it but no luck the other one leaked around the spline. So i put the other one that pulls the wheel a little bit back in. Figured it was better than a leaky one. My question is does anyone know if there is a valve to be replaced that will fix the steering pull issue or something that will fix this issue. Or should i just get a brand new steering box?

·
Registered
227 Posts

This steering valve body can be loosened slightly and tapped up or down to center the push/pull. small increments, huge effect. Trial and error with front end jacked off ground, engine running to test. Be safe

·
KOG
6,994 Posts
The procedure to center the valve is to start the engine and watch which way the wheel kicks as the engine starts. When the valve is centered the wheel will remain motionless during engine start.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so your saying even though there isn't much play when you loosen those bolts for the steering valve body you can still get the valve to move a little with a small taps from a hammer or something like that. Sorry this is my first expierence dealing with anything like this just want to make sure.

·
KOG
6,994 Posts
It moves enough to center the valve.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts