Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
working, preferably a silver face premium sound model (the one with equalizer) or a late model quartz lock radio. Anybody got one? :D

·
Registered
121 Posts
I don't know if it'll fit the bill, but if interested, I have an infinity unit out of a '91 Imperial.....Same thing that was in my '89 Caravan, only the buttons were silver instead of black......Been sitting on a shelf in my garage, if you want I can send you a pic.....

·
Super Moderator
36,952 Posts
Are you looking for a 1983 and earlier ( no clock in the radio) or a 1984 and later (integrated clock)?
I assume since you mention the equalizer it's probably the later one. Earlier radios can look similar and will fit in the opening but the connector styles changed in 1984 and later.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know if it'll fit the bill, but if interested, I have an infinity unit out of a '91 Imperial.....Same thing that was in my '89 Caravan, only the buttons were silver instead of black......Been sitting on a shelf in my garage, if you want I can send you a pic.....
I actually have an infinity I unit, black buttons though, sounds tempting... but i'm looking for something earlier than that :)

Are you looking for a 1983 and earlier ( no clock in the radio) or a 1984 and later (integrated clock)?
I assume since you mention the equalizer it's probably the later one. Earlier radios can look similar and will fit in the opening but the connector styles changed in 1984 and later.
i suppose 1984 or later, i'm looking to put it in an 87 chrysler

·
Registered
451 Posts
I have a couple of the Quartz Lock radios, I think both styles, the ones with the wiring attached and the square plug or the wiring that plugs into the back.

I also have one of the original Quartz Lock amps.

PM me if interested.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,

I had radio (no tape) in my 1981 Dodge Mirada when I owned it new. I no longer have it but I loved the radio. A black face search tune ETR radio.
It had four slider controls, one for Volume, Fader, Balance and Tone, all other controls were push buttons, no rotary knobs of any kind. You could enter the frequency of the station and hit enter. Does anyone have one they wouldn't mind parting with?
Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts