Allpar Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know a good source for 1984 Dodge 600 window weatherstripping? It is badly needed where the window glass first comes up and out of the door. One website had 2 suggestions: JC Whitney (now a part of carparts.com) and arizonautoparts.com. What is the correct term for the item I'm looking for? Is it called the "window channel", "window run gasket", window glass-run channel seal or what? If there is a source and they have a number of types should I send them a small sample from my car? Or is it possible to get the original Dodge 600 OEM part number which they could then use to pull me the right part or one that could work? What if I were to contact some local Dodge dealer auto body shops nearby? Any help is appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
22,347 Posts
The OEM (Mopar) part number is a good beginning for a search. It will specify the exact part you are looking for and is a good way for vendors to catalogue the part. It is best to call it what the factory calls it, names may vary among suppliers.
I will look for the part numbers today. None may exist, but things sometimes show up.
Sometimes the rubber can be found moulded in a generic shape and sold per foot that may work?
Reproduction rubber parts may be found for more collectible cars, the 1980's really aren't there yet.
P.S. - Is this the stretched E-body 600 or the K-body 600 (formerly the 400)?
The front doors are the same between them. The rear doors are different.

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
22,347 Posts
Items #6 and #8. Don't include the gap between the 4th and 5th digit, it is all one number. (ex: 4198514).
Even part numbers are right (passenger) side. Odd part numbers are left (drivers) side.
'41' is the 4-door sedan for the front doors. J,E,T is the stretched-K for the rear doors.
They were probably all the same from 1983-1987.

A discussion from 2009:

Font Parallel Rectangle Slope Drawing

Font Line Parallel Rectangle Pattern

Rectangle Font Parallel Drawing Slope

Product Rectangle Font Parallel Slope

Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Car

1 - 4 of 4 Posts