Allpar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have decided for buget reasons to go ahead with a port/polish job on my head/intake and performance valve job.

I have read that the SFI intake manifold was reengineered in 1993 for better efficiency, so I was thinking that would be a good choice. Also, I am going to have the work performed on a spare head to minimize down time and am uncertain which type of head will offer the most.

I have an "87" 2.2 L MFI head that is in great condition. Will I encounter any problems 1) using the "87" 2.2 L Turbo head on my "90", 2.5 L non-turbo block? 2) will I be able to bolt-on the "93" 2.5 L SFI intakean my stock exhaust maniflod to the "87" 2.2 L turbo head, without other modifications (simple plug and play)?

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
The cam sprockets will definitely need to stay with year of the vehicle because of tooth differences. Otherwise check for EGR port differences on the intake. Physically,the head should bolt on. You should lay them side by side for inspection.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
'95 also had a revised intake manifold. I have one and I believe it makes a little bit of difference (I have driven a '91 as a loaner)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts