Allpar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a non-lockup 999 with a with a broken case (starter mount plus some of bell is missing) and another 904 that has a good case but sat for years and water got inside and rusted some parts like the output shaft and little rust marks on the front drum. The guts of the 999 seem to be in pretty good shape, but I don't know what parts I can swap out of the 999 and put in the 904. I notice the front drum on the 999 had 5 clutches and the drum is a bit longer than the 904 one. I really need to use the output shaft from the 999 cause it's not rusted (same spline numbers on this one and the 904) But what parts can I swap to make it work? Will it just swap right out? Also if my front drum has a pea sized piece of rust on the surface where the band grabs, should I swap that one out for the 999 one? And then what else would I need to change? Keep in mind this is my first experience touching a 904.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Not that i´ve personally tried by i Think everything will interchange, they do share the same rebuild kit.
- i would put a rebuild kit in it while its a part.
- and polish the rusty Surface.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts