Allpar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this jeep. From a stop, in od when applying throttle almost feels as if the brakes are stuck. Seems the trans is slipping or not downshifting perhaps. Sorry this is my first automatic. It just feels like I'm applying way too much throttle to get the guy rolling. Starting in 1/2 works great. Thank you in advance for any help.

·
Super Moderator
21,351 Posts
Welcome to Allpar. You have the electronically-shifted Aisin-Warner AW-4 transmission. It sounds like it may be starting out in 2nd or 3rd gear?
There is a control module near the glove box that can store fault codes. A code reader for this may be hard to come by, but the Chrysler/Jeep/Eagle adapter with the DRB II scan tool should work.
Otherwise if you can come across a service manual and wiring diagram, you can check module-to-transmission pinouts for powers, grounds and switch/shift solenoid continuities to find a problem that way.
http://jeep-manual.ru/index.php?page=52

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Imperial Crown, I can't thank you enough. You really came through. I didn't even realize I was dealing with an electronically controlled transmission. Problem solved.... Blown Fuse!!! Yep hehehehe.
Thank you very much!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts