Allpar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 91 dodge dakota that one of my friends spent a bunch of $$ on replacing almost everything. plugs, wires, coil, distributor, are all new. I saw posts on corroded wiring by the battery so I dug into the harness on both sides of the truck actually but haven't found any corrosion inside the harness. Had a little on the grounds on the body so cleaned those up. I noticed while cranking that the tach needle jumps so I'm thinking it's recieving signal from the pick up coil in the distributor. I pulled the computer plug and pulled the computer out, found a mouse nest inside so cleaned it out. I'm not sure if the nest had been in there before it quit running or if it could be the reason I have no spark. There is a heatsink inside that the nest was built around so it would've definitely made it get hot if it was in there while running I'm sure. I'd hate to buy a computer though and find it's not the problem. Oh, also checked codes and only get 12 and 55. Is there anything else I should check or is a new computer in order?

·
Super Moderator
36,952 Posts
What engine?

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Do you have fuel pressure?

·
Super Moderator
21,370 Posts
Even with good fuel pressure, if the injectors aren't squirting, you still won't have fire.
Will it fire up briefly with a spray of carb solvent into the throttle body?
Do you have spark at the spark plugs while cranking?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts