Allpar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for an ABS Motor for a 1992 Chrysler New Yorker 5th Avenue, FWD with the 3.8 liter. I didn't realize these were scarcer then hens teeth. I just found out recently there is still an open and valid recall #685. The Cardone number is 12-4108. I don't know how recall work is done without parts.

This included the early 90's Dynasty's, Imperials, Eagle, Monaco and minivans with the Bendix 10 system. I thought the cars had the Teves IV and just the minivans had the Bendix 10. Learning something new every day except where to find the motor. Any information will be very greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
22,735 Posts
The recall was to replace a leaky actuator assembly. The motor was replaced also, only if it burned itself out trying to build pressure in a leaking system.
Trying to get recall parts for a 27 year old car may be problematic.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is what I'm finding out. Mopar recalls list the parts as available. I actually called and the girl said the work can be scheduled with a dealer or done 3rd party and reimbursed. Real generous useless offer without the parts. NAPA list it as available for order. I should have actually verified it. I have to pick up parts for my Jeep there tomorrow so i have to get to the bottom of that. I talked to CeeKay auto this morning and told them this isn't like finding parts for a 35 Packard. They told me they can get parts for a 35 Packard.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Damn, I just pitched the spare system from my 1993 GC in April when I was cleaning out my old house.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts