Allpar Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Well I found a plain sundance in the junkyard but it's a 4 cylinder 3 speed. So close. What are some saught after parts I should pull? Has a chrome grill.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Bad (intermittent?) ASD relay? My old Dakota died, I left it set and it then started right up. Next time it happened I swapped the A/C and ASD relay and it started right up and never failed again. Until it got hot and I tried to use the A/C. Then I had to get a new relay so I could have A/C.
Yup swapped asd and it worked. Now onto the transmission.

·
Jesus lovin', guitar playin', Dodge drivin' dude..
1,500 Posts
Well I found a plain sundance in the junkyard but it's a 4 cylinder 3 speed. So close. What are some saught after parts I should pull? Has a chrome grill.
Based on my recent experience, some key components unique to the 3.0l Sundance/Shadows are the hood (different bracing), the cooling fan, the ECU, the TCU and the power steering pump just to name a few.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I found a guy who has a computer and he read my car. After plugging the tps back in it throws zero codes and he said everything shifts perfect except the overdrive gear. Will need a trans rebuild ugghhh. $500 car verses how much it'll cost equals ouch.

I'm going to try a trans service but who knows. This sucks.

·
Super Moderator
21,362 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Now my a.c. is blowing hot and smells bad and my fan for the radiator isn't turning on. When will it stop?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Could this guy's scan tool read TCM codes and CVI also? That is at a different diagnostic connector near the brake pedal and requires the body cable to plug into it. A fluid and filter service probably won't fix anything that is missing a gear.

What happens to the transaxle when it goes to shift into OD, limp-in? Do you have the TCM listed in TSB 18-24-95?
A604 Software Update - bammerichko (at https://sites.google.com/site/bammerichko/home/a604-software-update )
He was the only transmission shop in town that could read it. I'm not sure what type of machine it was but he drove it while plugged in to monitor it.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts