Allpar Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
mydodgedip said:
I've converted 2, one of those threads is mine from the 91 Imperial's conversion. Like wolf said, you need those parts from a Non-ABS Dynasty or New Yorker. If your brake lines aren't too rusty, you can cut them back and flare them without replacing them. The labor is the killer, takes a lot of time between ripping out the old ABS Junk, trimming and flaring brake lines, mounting the proportioning valve, , installing the new brake pedal/booster/master, hooking it all up and bleeding everything out. The result is great and never having to see the stupid ABS Light on again is worth all the work.
Im new to this forum so bear with me. Im just doing this conversion on a 89 New Yorker landau and got a new booster and new master cylinder for a non ABS new Yorker and a used proportionong valve. I dont need to replace the brake pedal since it fit fine.My problem is that none of the brake line fitting on the original brake lines fit on the proportioning valve. The ABs system was a Bosch but was giving me a problems.
Im trying to remove the fitting and install the correct ones but the problem is that Im having a hard time doing the double flaring on the steel line.
I have a regular double flaring tool but i try to do the flaring on one line and its almost imposible. Is there a special flaring tool for steel line? I was thinking about buying a couple of premade brake line and use a union compression fitting but hear its not allowed to pass inspection with a compression fitiing on the brake line.
Any sugestion?
Thanks
Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.