Allpar Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my mom left the key in the on position overnight (not running) said she was putting the windows up and got distracted. anyhow I found it the next morning with a dead battery. I recharged the battery it seems to be fine tried to start and smelled gas real strong so I took out the plugs they were in need of replacing so I changed those out and it started but there was a miss and it was smoking bad oil burning blue smoke, also got a code 27 fuel injector problem so I started unplugging the fuel injector wiring one at a time and I found one that did not change the engine but it seemed to smooth out a little with that injector unplugged so I tested for voltage it was good hooked up a test light to the neg. side of the connector and the test light is staying on so I guess with the wire connected it is just dumping fuel all the time that's why its smoking so bad . I know the neg. should pulse like all the other connectors do but this one is on solid so I traced the wire back to the big plug in on the computer and cut the wire there and tested again same result . so my question is can the computer be bad and send a steady signal out instead of a pulse. is there any type of repair that can be done I don't understand how leaving the key on fried that part of the computer. any help would be greatly appreciated.
 
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Top