Allpar Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I find that, 9 times out of 10, the problem is not the computer on a vehicle, but people replace the computer anyways because "it's the only thing left" or because they don't understand that there are a lot of other things, even in a simple system like this, that can go wrong. If there's an issue in the wiring, such as chafed insulation shorting to ground, the injector will stay open constantly. I find it particularly strange that only one injector is misbehaving and that the ignition system is still working. I'm not sure what the internal architecture is like in the computer (whether there's one drive circuit for all injectors, or individual circuits for each injector). However, in my experience with breaking electronics, overvoltages or reversed polarity kill pretty much everything, fast. I would strongly recommend not cutting any more wires. A break in a wire is a failure point waiting to happen, even if it's carefully repaired.

Blue smoke is not good. An overly rich fuel mixture tends to smoke brown or black, in my experience. It could be just that the oil has thinned out too much and you're getting blowby.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts