Allpar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an inexpensive scanner to try and diagnose a problem in my '95 Cirrus. The scanner only states "NO LINK" ImperialCrown told me the car is OBDII and I totally believe him. I called Actron and they told me it was OBDI with an OBDII connector. SO, I need to find somewhere in print that confirms it is OBDII. I want that with me when I return the unit. I checked the Cirrus description and the "Problems" section and nowhere could I find it was stated to be OBDII (or OBD anything) I C or anyone is welcome to link me to a page that confirms it is OBDII Thanks

·
Super Moderator
21,355 Posts

Some 1994 and 1995 cars are fully OBD2 compliant and our OBD 2 allinone scan tool and code reader will work fine on these vehicles. Check under your hood for an OBDII compliance sticker on the 95 and 94 cars.

Not all scan tools will work on all cars, even if the OBD 2 communication protocols are supposed to be all the same. Look for your underhood label to confirm that it is in fact OBD 2 and try another scan tool to see if you can link to the PCM.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sticker on the radiator support OBD I :-(

Here's the list I got from a scan tool vendor:

I have all of these below listed as OBDII but didn't see the Cirrus
1995 Chrysler Sebring (2.0)
1995 Dodge Neon (2.0)
1995 Dodge Avenger (2.0)

·
Super Moderator
21,355 Posts
I always used the DRB III on these, so I always assumed that these were OBD II. You have the underdash OBD II data link connector. Are there any additional rectangular connectors in the vicinity?
Maybe only the 2.0L was OBD II compliant in 1995? The Cirrus V6 may not be OBD II.
There was a Mitsubishi adapter for the early OBD II Sebring/Avenger/Talon cars for use with the DRB III.
I don't have access to much in the way of 1995 JA service information at this point and there isn't much information on the web.

http://www.obd-codes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1396

1 - 5 of 5 Posts