Allpar Forums banner
41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
22,488 Posts
Not everything will set a fault code. That's when a good scan tool and good detective work really help. Guessing can be more frustrating, expensive and lead you down the wrong diagnostic path.

Reactions: Rocky A

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
So got it back and it dose not stall when driving . But stalls in park . Also leaks water a lot can this be why it stalls ? Water leak

·
Super Moderator
22,488 Posts
That is a fairly serious coolant leak and must be repaired. It probably isn't the cause of the stalling, but something is still wrong if it is stalling in Park.
What work was done to the car?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
distributor rotor just the rotor
Map
iac
Tps
And crank sensor I believe.
Gotta check with the mechanic On that .

·
Super Moderator
22,488 Posts
Were the heater hose couplings disturbed when replacing the crank sensor? That may be the leak.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I had heard of a leak that is caused by a o ring around a sensor . That will need replacing over time . and that this leak can possibly cause issue due to it being wet .

·
Super Moderator
22,488 Posts
The coolant leak looks bad enough to make the car not really driveable for any distance.

Reactions: valiant67

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Drove the cirrus to work today . Went over some speed bumps and all the lights turned on in the dash then went away . Would would cause that .

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Drove the cirrus to work today . Went over some speed bumps and all the lights turned on in the dash then went away . Would would cause that .
A loose negative battery cable on the inner fender...

Remove the UPPER nut from the negative post on the fender, then remove the upper cable.

THEN, examine the lower cable and nut for corrosion, clean if needed, and then tighten the lower nut.

You can then reinstall the upper cable and nut.

After checking the negative cable, inspect the positive cable at the PDM/fuse box.

If the issue still occurs, remove the left front wheel and inner finder and check the connections at the battery itself.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 · (Edited)
Finally I got a check engine light 💡 IAT low voltage .checked the wires and got 4.8 volts.
Tested the part it seem to work fine . but when I cleared the codes it would not take . Every time I started the car the light is still on . And when I check the codes they reappeared. not sure if This is tied to the surging and stalling . I am starting to suspect the pcm . P0112 and P1496

·
Super Moderator
22,488 Posts
This is the book for a 2000 LH, but the P0112 and P1496 "Possible Causes" and troubleshoot procedures on p. 69 & 247 would likely be the same. Wire colors may be different.
These 2 codes are probably related to a single problem. 4.8 v is low for a regulated 5 v supply. It is either being pulled down by a 'shorted' sensor or wiring problem or the internal PCM regulated voltage supply is failing.
I have disconnected sensors one by one while watching the voltage to see if it rises when one particular sensor is disconnected in order to find the culprit.

Reactions: Rocky A

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Update .. still at it . Changed out the pcm . Check light went away . Stalling Problem still there , it’s been 6 months maybe a bit less . When I installed this pcm . Now the check light is back same issue .

·
Super Moderator
22,488 Posts
Same fault codes also?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
P1496
P0112
Yup except now the a/c stopped cooling . Just blows hot air . Also I checked the wires for voltage on the tps and it shows 13.2 !? How’s that ? Car runs still

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Funny because i drove it everywhere for that 6 months. A/c on high no issues except the random hiccup but never stalled on the highway at 75-80 .
80miles everyday.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Is there a diagram that shows were to start following the 5v reference line . maybe I missed a shorted wire to ground . I tried checking for 5volts on the pins from the pcm with the 12v plug connected to one side . In hopes to see if the pin was really 5volts passing through the circuit . No dice . Am not gonna let this car beat me !

41 - 60 of 80 Posts