Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I traded my caddy for this ragged out truck and im planning a 5.7 hemi and 6sp and truck is a 5.2 5sp my question is on what diff to use. It is 2wd and preivous onwer thought it was a race piece so he said he blew rearend out and tore out 3rd gear, it just grinds 3rd and poor clutch is at the end course he lies and said it needs adjustment but there is no such thing so im just get rid of the drivetrain all together. My question is will a jeep dana 44 bolt in? and will it handle hemi and manual trans, I would like a custom 60 but money is a issue and and any help would be great Thank You Lee

·
Super Moderator
36,928 Posts
The factory offered a 9.25" rear axle in these trucks, though most were 8.25". A 9.25" should hold up just fine for what you need, though these axles weren't built as well in the 90's as they were before.

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
Every time I hear of someone saying they traded a Caddy, I think of The Blues Brothers...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I will stay with a 5.9 and use $ instead of big problems of hemi swap now will a nv3550 bolt in place of nv3500? looking at 408 and 300 350hp to the ground and for now does anyone know were I can find used 3500, Ive found one for $800 in my state with 124k on it, good deal? or rip off? Thank You for any help

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
I don't know much about the transmissions, but swapping the engine should be very straightforward. One of the motor mounts is different but should be available, and of course the external balance so I guess the flywheel will need to come from the application for the motor, as well as the harmonic balancer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts