Allpar Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in Australia., I have a 97 Chryler Neon and need to replace both rear Shock Strut & Springs but are no longer available here,Can anyone tell me if Australian Chrysler Neons suspension specs are same as American Chrysler,Dodge and Plymoth Neons ? i want to make sure before I order them from the U.S.
thanks
Eddy

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
If you can point us toward any parts suppliers that list the part and give a part number and possibly a picture, even if their listing says that it's not available, I'm sure that one of us can attempt to cross-reference that part number to see if it matches.

·
Super Moderator
36,948 Posts
If you go here and view the suspensions chart you will see there is an export only suspension that may (or may not) be on your Neon:
http://faq.neons.org/faq/FAQ_OEM.html#SDF
It looks to be the same as the US base and Sport suspensions other than the steering ratio.
If someone like Imperial Crown can run the VIN for option codes, you should have the code to match the chart above.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
valiant67 said:
If you go here and view the suspensions chart you will see there is an export only suspension that may (or may not) be on your Neon:
http://faq.neons.org/faq/FAQ_OEM.html#SDF
It looks to be the same as the US base and Sport suspensions other than the steering ratio.
If someone like Imperial Crown can run the VIN for option codes, you should have the code to match the chart above.
Thanks for the replies. The vin last 8 are - VD236079.

·
Super Moderator
36,948 Posts
They will fit - but there is a single Monroe part to cover all installations.
I suspect they will be a little more biased to a softer ride (as opposed to firm and sporty) compared to the factory original.
My friend put this level of strut on his 95 Neon Sport (using the factory springs rather than the whole strut assembly) and his car rode much softer than mine where is used the KYB brand struts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's a go then. It's my wifes car Valiant so soft won't be a problem. Thanks everyone for your response. Eddy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts