Allpar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I got water coming in to the truck on the passenger side floor whenever it rains, does anyone know if this is a signature problem with Dakotas? I can't tell where the water is coming from, should I just take it to a glass shop? or should I be looking in the cowl area for trouble? The weather stripping looks OK so it doesn't look like it's coming in thru there. Does anyone have any ideas on this? thanks

·
Super Moderator
21,357 Posts
I have found cowl and kick panel drains plugged with leaves and tree debris. This can push water into the cowl HVAC air intake and spill it on the right side carpet. You might see drips hanging after a rainstorm.
Dried water trails can also leave a clue under the dash.
A 'water test' with a garden hose on low while tracing the water leak entry point can help.

·
Super Moderator
21,357 Posts
The kick panel is the area to the right of the passenger's feet, ahead of the passenger door.There should be an interior color plastic trim panel that can be removed for inspection.
I believe that the antenna cable comes into the body here also. I've seen unseated antenna grommets let water in.
The water drains from the left and right sides of the cowl down past the kickpanel area and exits the vehicle. Blockage or unseated antenna grommets can make water drain into the interior instead of outside the vehicle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts