Allpar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just recently realized that my torque converter is going out on my 99 durango 5.2 4x4; as soon as it hits overdrive the whole vehicle just shutters and shakes like the tires aren't balanced or like it has bad u joints (tranny is strong and shifts like brand new though and the fluid and filter were just recently changed with valvoline ATF+4, all four new u joints as well)............Because of the low torque that my 5.2 has I want to put a higher stall torque converter in it (if it needs changed anyways I might as well go with something performance right?) Where is the lowest priced and best place to get a quality higher stall torque converter for my 44re? .........And also, what is the factory stall on the 44re?

66 buick guy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That might be the deal because it doesn't vibrate at all if i keep it out of overdrive..........soon as I hit the overdrive button the vibration comes..........So, does anyone sell aftermarket performance torque converters for these specific transmissions (42,44,46RE)?........Ive looked on the net for days and cant find any companies that sell performance converters for them...;(

66 buick guy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.