Allpar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At only 46K, my '99 LHS appears to need struts all around; it's like piloting the Queen Mary. Any recommendations re:brand? I was thinking about KYB's as I have had good luck with them in my Duster. Any to avoid?

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Monroe, KYB are both good. Might consider getting the quick-strut assemblys as their priced about the same by the time you buy all the individual parts and the hassle of changing it all out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I also have an LH car. 2000 Dodge intrepid RT. Speaking of quick wear, is there any case that a passenger side strut bearing would take more wear than the driver's side?

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I also have an LH car. 2000 Dodge intrepid RT. Speaking of quick wear, is there any case that a passenger side strut bearing would take more wear than the driver's side?
on most country roads most of the damage is at the edges. also how may times have you avoided a speed bump with the driver side only to hit it with the passenger side.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I do live in the country, although I commute into the city. I put a Monroe Sensatrac Quick Strut 171667 on the passenger side of the 2000 Intrepid RT. I left the driver side stock. Ride height is even. Clunking on hard left turns is gone. I chose the Sensatrac because of limited lifetime warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts