Allpar Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The timing advance was done before I bought it, Atleast my ex's step father said so, He may have just been BS'ing me because the thing idles perfect..........And for Bob, I know 3 people with very good condition, low mileage, durangos all with the 5.2............2, 99's and one 98.......and not one of them will even come close to lighting the tires up from a dead stop going straight and thats just with a one wheel wonder..........and yes Bob you are right mine does have the dana front but I have read forums where people actually break the front diff. just from hitting a pothole........so they must not be very tough

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Does anyone know of any quick easy ways to squeeze a few more ponies out of my rango? (mainly more torque)..............If there was an easy way to get just 25 more ft lbs of torque I would be happy....;)............Or do I just have to put a 1970 440 magnum in it?,,,,,,,,,,,lol

·
Super Moderator
21,639 Posts
Best bang for the buck = Nitrous Oxide? The engine and drivetrain must be mechanically sound before doing this.
I can't see how a pothole would break a front diff as the front end is independent with halfshafts.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
LOL; I'll be using my N/o to merge into traffic all the time..hahahahahaha..;)..and it's expensive to fill that bottle up.....What I might do is go to the junk yard and find a low mileage wrecked rango with the 360 and 3.90 gears.......swap my 3.55's for the 3.90's in the front and rear diff. I'm sure that will help some..plus I rarely drive it on the interstate........and I checked yesterday; timing hasn't been messed with........I got the ol BS treatment when I bought it.............Oh, and Imperial, I just remember reading some forums a couple yrs ago where people were breaking their front diff and it didnt take much to do it.........I'm not sure if it was just from the jarring or possibly something else............It might have been the 2000-up rangos tho, but I'm pretty sure it was the 98-99's

66 buick guy

21 - 25 of 25 Posts