Allpar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend brought his 99Sebring 2.5 V6 over to see if I could fix it, I checked it out and it had a few vacuum lines that were broke so they were replaced, Check engine light and codes still there after 100 miles of driving, Installed new plugs and wires and complete distributor with new coil and cam sensor, Still getting codes 301 305, Replaced fuel injectors1,3 and 5 and still getting the same codes Plugs look perfect, car runs great, no stummbeling or staling begining to think Computer is acting up,
He needs to get smogged for Calif. Car passes smog if I pull the negitive and get check engine light to go out but then shows that the battery was dissconeccted so they wont issue the cert. even though the car passes.
Anyone have any fixes for this before I shoot it with my 500.

·
Super Moderator
31,982 Posts
Ignition coil(s)? Is this a coilpack or coil on plug engine?

·
Super Moderator
21,353 Posts
This is the Mitsubishi 2.5L V6. The ign coil is integral with the distributor. Diagnose for misfire at #1 and #5 cylinders. Don't replace the PCM yet. Both misfiring cylinders are on the odd bank.
The PCM can detect misfires that you can't feel. Determine if they may be high speed or low speed misfires by looking at the freeze frames stored along with the code. This will tell you when, what speed and what temperature the misfire occurs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts