Allpar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 stratus. It was running fine, just took it on a road trip with no problems, ran great. after parking overnight it will not crank. replaced the battery, still nothing. when key is turned to on, windows, fan motor work. no radio or dash lights. when turned to start the only light that comes on is brake. I have checked all fuses, and have no idea what this could be.

·
Super Moderator
21,364 Posts
Welcome to Allpar. There may be a main power branch circuit that is out before or after the ignition switch? I would look for a wiring diagram that you can use to trace wire colors to the components that are out.
I could find nothing in Google, but a main public library might have manuals or an Alldata subscription that you can use to print out diagrams. Haynes and Chilton's may be useless, but a Motor's manual might have wiring diagrams. Or you could buy the manuals if you do your own work.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1999-CIRRUS-STRATUS-BREEZE-SERVICE-SHOP-REPAIR-MANUALS-FACTORY-OEM-/280769263851

·
Super Moderator
31,983 Posts
There are typically two fuse locations: underhood in the Power Distribution Center box where the relays are, there are 'maxifuses', the high current fuses that bring power to the fuse panel inside the car. Did you check both locations for blown fuses?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts