Allpar Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
The best thing about Auto Zone is their loaner program. Advance doesn't have anywhere near the selection. I usually buy my parts at Advance and then pop over to AZ to get the tools.
Just because the clutch has failed doesn't necessarily mean that there's anything wrong with the compressor. If you're holding a charge, it's probably safe to say that you can just put a new clutch on and drive on. Any number of things could be wrong with the clutch, including coil and wiring failure. That being said, before I put the new clutch on, I would probe the connector for 12V with the engine running and the A/C on. If you have low/no charge, there will be 0V, as the pressure cutout switch will not allow the system to run with no refrigerant in it. If you have no refrigerant, it might be worth doing the R134a conversion since the system has already gone through the trouble of draining itself for you. That's a bit of a different animal. It can be DIY'd as long as you know what needs to be replaced.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.