Allpar Forums banner

A Face Only a Mother Could Love...

7K views 34 replies 17 participants last post by  mrneuro 
mrneuro said:
If you read the allpar article, the engineers chose function over form (moving the headlights up so they wouldn't be damaged in an accident).
Not quite. The headlamp position from the Fiat Ducato hasn't changed at all.

They are touting the headlamp positions and the "modular front end" both as parts that lower the total cost of ownership. In a frontal crash, the headlamps are out of the way and less likely to be damaged or require replacement. The front fascia is in sections, each one fairly easy to remove.

CherokeeVision said:
If it is on the road and has your company logo on it you bet you are concerned about how it looks.
I would say that you are more concerned about how your company logo looks, and that people are looking at it. But that's me.

Something tells me that there aren't that many companies sitting around wishing some automaker would produce a "throwback work van." I could be wrong, it's happened before.

I won't argue the fact that the front end styling leaves a lot to be desired from a "style" point of view. From a functional point of view, it works.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.