Allpar Forums banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts
mrneuro said:
If you read the allpar article, the engineers chose function over form (moving the headlights up so they wouldn't be damaged in an accident).
IMO, that's PR spin. The front is ugly because they spent no money on it and it saves them money and time, to use as much as they can out of the Fiat parts bin.

I think there's a misunderstanding here. THe original reason for putting the headlights up and back was probably as they said. The reason Ram did not move it was probably a matter of cost and time reduction.

Stratuscaster said:
Not quite. The headlamp position from the Fiat Ducato hasn't changed at all.
They are touting the headlamp positions and the "modular front end" both as parts that lower the total cost of ownership. In a frontal crash, the headlamps are out of the way and less likely to be damaged or require replacement.
I like how you say "Not quite" and then echo exactly what I said (the article said) :p

mrneuro said:
I like how you say "Not quite" and then echo exactly what I said (the article said) :p
My point was that they weren't moved AT ALL. They are in the same location that the Ducato uses. There was nothing really for the engineers to "choose" in that regard. ;)

Stratuscaster said:
My point was that they weren't moved AT ALL. They are in the same location that the Ducato uses. There was nothing really for the engineers to "choose" in that regard. ;)
So the Fiat engineers don't count? ;)

Not as bad as Juke.

... I agree with whoever said the redesign will incorporate more of Ram's needs.

Interesting to read today (at allpar) that the Chrysler enhancements to Fiat 500 will go global, so there will be just one 500. Which will be made in Poland.

I think they needed the room at Toluca for more Journeys... seems like the idea of swapping out Journey for a CUSW based crossover has been postponed for a few years. Look, ma, we finally found a use for that Mitsubishi platform that people like!

(Disclaimer: I like the 200 and Avenger.)

.. the look is actually growing on me. The photos make it look so flat up front, but it's really not bad in "3D"
..watched the reveal video, is that guy that short or is the van that huge? :huh:

mrneuro said:
If you read the allpar article, the engineers chose function over form (moving the headlights up so they wouldn't be damaged in an accident).
Then they come out with the Cherokee. Head lights next to the bumper.
I still think they are saving $ to just keep it a Fiat and change the grill only is the big reason.

66coronet said:
I still think they are saving $ to just keep it a Fiat and change the grill only is the big reason.
Well, of course. Some people seem genuinely surprised by that though...

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.