Allpar Forums banner

A Lesson in Arrow Dynamics starting at $3175

897 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  85lebaront2
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Automotive parking light
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1986 LeBaron convertible, 2.2L T2 with A413. 1989 J convertible dash and console modified to fit.
1,337 Posts
It was a huge improvement over the Cricket aka Hillman Avenger.

Reactions: 77 Monaco Brougham

· Super Moderator
12,313 Posts
My dream in high school was to own either this or a Sapporo and get 40 mpg.
When I was 24, I bought a new Daytona and got 35-37 mpg highway.

· Registered
3,320 Posts
It was a huge improvement over the Cricket aka Hillman Avenger.
Instead of dumping so much money....(mostly good money after bad).....into its operations in the UK, they could have better used that money to purchase a much larger stake in Mitsubishi.

Who knows? Maybe the ownership stake could have reached the magical number of 34%, which under Japanese law is the minimum percentage of ownership needed for control.
What a blessing it would have been for Old Ma Mopar to have been able to draw more heavily on Mitsubishi to make its way through "The Malaise Era"....and perhaps have been able to avoid crawling on hands and knees "hat in hand" begging mercy from Congress for loan guarantees.

P.S. The Mitsubishi car of my fondest dreams at that time was the Galant / Dodge Colt Station Wagon. Yes....I know....I was a weird kid!:p:ROFLMAO:
Tire Wheel Water Vehicle Car

· Virginia Gentleman
8,709 Posts
Call me old school, but I have an inerrant dislike of Mitsubishi for one good reason - the Mitsubishi A6M Zero. For those uneducated on the matter, the A6M was used in the attack on Pearl Harbor on Dec. 7, 1941. I may have forgiven, but I haven't forgotten.

· Registered
1986 LeBaron convertible, 2.2L T2 with A413. 1989 J convertible dash and console modified to fit.
1,337 Posts
My late father wouldn't buy anything Japanese built for years. He was at Severn River Tech (USNA) when they attacked and spent WWII on two different Destroyers, first was a WWI NNS built 4 stacker converted to a mine layer, USS Gamble, DM-15, formerly DD-123 and later on a new Fletcher class, the USS Heywood L. Edwards DD-663. He relented years later (sometime in the 70s) when he bought several Japanese vehicles, last one being a Toyota Supra Turbo.

Reactions: Doug D
1 - 6 of 6 Posts