Allpar Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not for nothing, but things sure seemed to quiet down on a vehicle that is supposedly going on sale at the end of the summer (or am I mistaken?).

Aren't there normally media test drives and such leading up to the official release?

·
Registered
244 Posts
I also can't wait for pricing info on the Trailhawk, more info on the 4x4 system, and Pentastar 3.2L mpg with 4x4.

My opinion on this vehicle has done a total 360; really looking forward to more info on the Trailhawk--that package puts this vehicle as a serious consideration for me.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It just seems abnormal to make a grand unveil, and then there is nothing for months.....it's not like the KL is a concept car. They have multiple KL's made....why not allow the media a test drive? Are there changes/details being hashed out?

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
unclejjg said:
Did you note the mention by Marchionne of Dec.?
It's going to be a slow roll out.

Dr. Jeep said:
I also can't wait for pricing info on the Trailhawk, more info on the 4x4 system, and Pentastar 3.2L mpg with 4x4.

My opinion on this vehicle has done a total 360; really looking forward to more info on the Trailhawk--that package puts this vehicle as a serious consideration for me.
Do you mean your opinion has done a 180? Or do you mean you haven't changed your mind and therefore indeed did a 360?

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Stratuscaster said:
Friend of mine that was hired on for building KL reports to Warren for 2 days of orientation (I guess) coming up soon.
Warren? They aren't orientating at the actual plant?
Surely the Toledo facility is ready???
(yes, don't call you Shirley...)

·
Registered
244 Posts
MoparNorm said:
Do you mean your opinion has done a 180? Or do you mean you haven't changed your mind and therefore indeed did a 360?
Doh. 180... no more beer for me...

Still very interested in this Trailhawk. Need to know the price though.

I saw on the Allpar KL page that they are rating the 4x4 6cyl. at 29/22 mpg. That is amazing... I hope it is correct and that the gearing of the tow package doesn't bring it down any more than that...

My hardcore rockcrawling days are done. I need something that will get me out to my favorite mountain passes and back, and get 30mpg the rest of the time. It gets me a roof rack to mount my kayaks and bikes up top without having to bolt a heavy, noisy one on like I did my TJs... I can pop the top electronically presuming the interior headroom will still be manageable. Tows 4500 lbs.... Is still locked in the rear.

I won't even test drive it if they want 35 bones for a Trailhawk though. It's going to have to be price competitive.

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
MoparNorm said:
Warren? They aren't orientating at the actual plant?
Surely the Toledo facility is ready???
(yes, don't call you Shirley...)
Here's the jist:
More details on starting work. Orientation starts Wed, IN WARREN, MI lol. Wonder if people coming from Toledo have to drive all that? Anyway, there again on Thurs., then at the plant in Toledo on Friday, and then at the U of Toledo on Sat. all crack of dawn starts... I am going to be sooooo tired.
Dr. Jeep said:
I won't even test drive it if they want 35 bones for a Trailhawk though. It's going to have to be price competitive.
Price competitive with WHAT? :huh: What are the other options you are considering?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Stratuscaster said:
Here's the jist:

Price competitive with WHAT? :huh: What are the other options you are considering?
Its own stable. Even just $30k buys a lot of 4dr JK (Heck you can get a 4x4 Laredo GC for that much).

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Thanks Strat!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts