Allpar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mazda-AZ-1-/300952735941?forcev4exp=true#ht_500wt_1182

I am actually considering this for its uniqueness, even in its home country. Also a very scary car...don't know what I'd be doing if anything serious broke or what to do if I'm involved in an accident. That makes sence when you look at

Can't fit in if you are above 5'10", I would just fit if that is true. Just. The Mazdaspeed version is nicer, especially in blue, but really. This is a cool, very unique car. But I'd only buy this kind of car to collect, and this car I doubt will ever bring any money for the most part, or at least won't until a good bit down the road. It's a novelty and interest piece to me, but would probably be neat to drive. Anyone else's thoughts?

·
Premium Member
20,078 Posts
I think I would rather have a Bugeye Sprite. A tad larger, easier to fit in, but yeah, this is a pretty cool little thing for the grandkids to putter around in the back yard.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dana44 said:
But yeah, this is a pretty cool little thing for the grandkids to putter around in the back yard.
:lol: I think your lawn is a bit bigger than mine. It does have a 5 speed hooked up to a semi-decent motorcyle engine. I'm sure it can go fast enough to get the cops after you. The other issue surrounding my purchase is as I read it, does not look like it is a registered vehicle in the states with a US title, which would make it hard to handle and probably be expensive to get it street legal...maybe in 4 years it'll be worth it, might be worth it to buy the car now and hold on to it unitl then, maybe by then the value will have gone up since it would also be considered a classic car. :p

·
Premium Member
20,078 Posts
Yeah, it is one of those things you could stick under the house and in four years have a barn find. Question is, would it smog as a car, or a motorcycle?

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
It's not a problem if you're really committed to it. But your thoughts on the acquisition and ownership are right. Many 'issues' await. But it definitely IS unique. I enjoy what I call odd-ball interests; I'm just wired that way. However, I'm not a collector of things, odd-ball or otherwise.

That's a cool car, for sure.

Best wishes to you -

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dak4x4 said:
Get you one more and you will have a pair of roller skates....
That car went to $15,100. The price I would have bought it (even just as an investment) was around $5500. There I knew in the future I could make some money off of it, but at $15,100 either I just missed out on a great buy for a car that will someday be worth a lot more, or just witnessed someone buy their dream car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts