Allpar Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Interesting that the reporter could see the type of engine, right through the camo!!!! LOL!!!!

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
You think? These people were in the market for Maserati before and could be in the future but not for M240.

But as I've said every brand should follow its DNA. Mid engine cars were never Maserati's specialty.
Well I’m certain that there are lots more Alfa Romeo fans than Maserati fans for starters.

True about the mid engined part not being in their DNA. However that can be said of Alfa Romeo as well.
If the execution is right they can compete with the top 911s and perhaps a few McLarens too.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Well I’m certain that there are lots more Alfa Romeo fans than Maserati fans for starters.

True about the mid engined part not being in their DNA. However that can be said of Alfa Romeo as well.
If the execution is right they can compete with the top 911s and perhaps a few McLarens too.
Could this be part of an overall plan to nudge Maserati a bit further upmarket?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Could this be part of an overall plan to nudge Maserati a bit further upmarket?
100% yes. That's what I was mentioning above.

Hey, a mid-engine Maserati isn't unprecedented. ;)

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Hmmm, mid-engine cars from Maserati and Alfa Romeo...

I really love the Maserati Bora and Merak! Both mid-engined, from the 1970s. And then of course there's the MC12.

As for Alfa Romeo, I can't recall a lot of mid engine cars, except for what I think is one of the most beautiful automobiles of all time: the Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale. That rare supercar from the 60s elicits a physical reaction from me every time I see a picture of it! Of course right now there's the "budget exotic" 4C that you can still get (in the USA at least)!

Of course, Lancia has made some mid engine cars too. The legendary Stratos, the Montecarlo (and its homologation special), and the homologation special Lancia Delta S4 (mid engine hot hatch).

So, ironically, Lancia might have the strongest track record of building mid engine cars, from their Group B rally days, but they all made some legendary ones at some point in their histories and I personally love them all.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts