You're probably right, but I wish they wouldn't. I hate the merger stuff. I'd much prefer them being in peak financial shape so they could:Yes that is exactly what I am saying. I cannot see either John Elkann or Sergio Marchionne rescinding control of the group. They are getting into peak financial shape to swoop down on something big is my guess.
- afford to flesh out the lineups in all of the FCA brands, including Chrysler and Lancia
- refresh each model often
- improve quality to get FCA brands off the bottom of the industry lists
- be better able to weather the coming downturn
- improve dealer warranty compensation to please customers with great service
- continue to introduce technological differentiators (e.g. Hellcat engines, Pacifica drivetrain) and to expand them across the brands