Allpar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

simpel question....is there a list of all the tools you need for a complete Ultradrive overhaul?
I found some single Miller tools on Ebay, but not a complete set...

A list or so would be very helpful to see which tools are needed,

Greetings
Kevin

·
Super Moderator
21,369 Posts
You should have a service manual that has the pictures and procedures needed to overhaul the transaxle.
The manual should also describe the necessary 'special' tools. Some arbors, presses and pullers can be improvised from what you may have on hand. The 'birdcage' and 'bearclaw' used a long screw to compress clutch piston springs inside the case.
Don't try an overhaul without a manual.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should have a service manual that has the pictures and procedures needed to overhaul the transaxle.
The manual should also describe the necessary 'special' tools. Some arbors, presses and pullers can be improvised from what you may have on hand. The 'birdcage' and 'bearclaw' used a long screw to compress clutch piston springs inside the case.
Don't try an overhaul without a manual.
Thanks for info!

I´ve got a training manual from Chrysler Canada, 1989, it shows an overhaul and some tools, but only arround 50 pages. I just bid on a 585 page manual from 1990, of course orig. Chrysler, hope i win this one!

·
KOG
7,002 Posts
Figure about $500 if you buy everything. Or a minimum of $200 if you most of the common stuff already.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Figure about $500 if you buy everything. Or a minimum of $200 if you most of the common stuff already.
Definatly, yes.....i missed a complete set of tools from Ebay...seller worked at a transmission store in Texas....too bad, 180 bucks....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts