Allpar Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want yo get my wife a new Caravan, we currently have an 03 w 80k so if anyone knows yet, will 2014 be the year for a complete change, or will it be 2015,

Chet

·
Super Moderator
36,926 Posts
Looks like 2016 before the new minivan.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DaveAdmin said:
My understanding was 2015 calendar, 2016 model year
is the 2014 caravans going to bring any changes, don't know if we want to wait till the 2016, any competition worth looking at

Chet

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
There's never any competition worth looking at when comparing to a Mopar, man! :excited:

·
Registered
762 Posts
chet said:
I want yo get my wife a new Caravan, we currently have an 03 w 80k so if anyone knows yet, will 2014 be the year for a complete change, or will it be 2015,

Chet
Given that you only have 80,000 on that van, I'd wait for the new body style. The van you have should be good for another 80,000 without much hassle. I'd also wait to see if they get the MPG up. The current ones are not as good as they could be.

·
Virginia Gentleman
14,675 Posts
Only 80K? Not even broken in yet!

My '06 Ram just rolled over 180K miles. 20K more and it goes in the 200K mile club.

I still lament trading in our old '00 T&C Ltd AWD minivan. It had 161K on it and was still running good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just traded my 2004 Honda Odyssey in on a 2013 Grand Caravan SXT. Would have waited for the 2014 with the 8 speed automatic transmission but the tranny was going out on the Honda and I refused to put any more money in it. From my perspective the Honda was much worse than the 1993 Grand Caravan I had. The 93 Dodge had tranny issues (4 tranny's in 185,000 miles) but the Honda had tranny issues plus motor mounts, electric window motors, power steering pump, etc.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Doug D said:
Only 80K? Not even broken in yet!

My '06 Ram just rolled over 180K miles. 20K more and it goes in the 200K mile club.

I still lament trading in our old '00 T&C Ltd AWD minivan. It had 161K on it and was still running good.
Got the same van you had with just over 150K with no intension of giving it up unless it implodes or I hit the lottery. Had the complete (not just the cap) drivers side strut tower replaced @ 135K and they did an amazing job. So many things are still original and working it's almost scary so time to show it some real love.

I just hope they don't turn the T&C into a crossover or SUV like I've read. That would be ashame IMO and backfire. Good news that I did read is AWD will return as an option even though I would not be able to afford a new van. Hope that's true since around here in New England I see tons of AWD Toyota Sienna's. I've had three generation 3 AWD mini vans without 1 issue to that system and it works very well in the winter. Yeah, please bring it back Chrysler....and no more SUV/crossover vehicles.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Buying the first model of any new design is not usually a good idea!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts