Allpar Forums banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,492 Posts
Especially that A604 transmission. If it works now, DON'T TOUCH IT, period. As long as the fluid is bright purple (it may still have the ATF3, you can safely top off with ATF4 if it needs any, it shouldn't unless there's a leak), leave it alone.
ATF+4 will help the transmission. It deals better with heat than ATF+4. I had a low mile 1992 New Yorker with rough shifts in stop and go traffic in the summer. Out with the still clean ATF+3 and in went ATF+4. Gone was the rough shifts.

Reactions: Doug D

·
Registered
906 Posts
Been looking for a daily driver that's got more room, rides smoother and is automatic to counterbalance the Mustang 'Vert that's my only car at the moment... found this thing nearby.

1991 Chrysler Imperial with, yes, 54,000 miles. Icing on the cake? It's in a wonderful shade of "Grandma Gold". :ROFLMAO:

Absolutely everything works on it. Unfortunately, like on all of these cars it seems the front bumper filler panels are in the process of committing seppuku. Anyone know a source for replacements? I'm coming up short.

View attachment 88456 View attachment 88457 View attachment 88458
The 90's Imperials are my favorite. My next door neighbor Miss Zeigler had one, being 6 or 7 years old I thought the car looked quite futuristic. Mind you this was 1994 or 1995.
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Almost Gotham looking...I think I asked (to her puzzlement) something to the effect "if she was Batman's grandma?" :p

·
Registered
1979 Lincoln Town Car, 1987 Chevrolet Silverado, 1990 Chrysler Imperial
2,520 Posts
I really enjoy their "older" styling with modern interior and advancements. That was the appeal to me. They're unique vehicles and ignorant people treat them like trash.

·
Super Moderator
40,492 Posts
Years back I had a 1990 Imperial and my friend had a 1990 Buick Park Avenue.
Comparing the two, what the Imperial lacked was width. They never expanded beyond the base K car width and a few more inched wide would have made Imperial even more comfortable. The only K based vehicles that were widened was the minivans. The Imperial was a great car, though.

·
Registered
1979 Lincoln Town Car, 1987 Chevrolet Silverado, 1990 Chrysler Imperial
2,520 Posts
Agreed. I lol'd when I first seen the "middle" seat up front in the car. Idk who could even fit in that tiny space. It's a 4 person car for sure.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts