Allpar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what abs scan tool will work on my chrysler t/c/ 3.8 van found one that reads eng. codes but it says no link an check power when i switch to abs on scanner

·
Super Moderator
21,352 Posts
Welcome to Allpar. What year?
The Factory DRB II was used until 1993. The DRB III with Supercard and various body/DLC connectors could do all until 2007. 2008-on is CAN bus communication and would require StarScan/StarMobile/WiTech.
1996-on would use the universal underdash diagnostic data link connector found on all OBDII vehicles for all module diagnostic hook-ups.
There are equivalent aftermarket scan tools for use on the older CCD/PCI-bus minivans like Snap-on or UTC/SPX, etc. It might be worth your while to pay a shop diagnostic charge to get the fault code at a shop, unless you know someone that can do it on the side. Some of these tools are too expensive to purchase for the amount of use it would get. A 'C' code with 4 digits after it would be a chassis (ABS) fault code. A 'B' code with 4 digits following it would be for a body code and a 'U' code with 4 digits would be for an ABS (or other) module communication fault.
Much older minivans may have a wire that can be grounded to count the 'blinks' of the ABS warning lamp for 2-digit fault codes.
A fault code would get you started on where to look.
Remember a fault code for a wheel speed sensor, for example does not automatically mean to replace the sensor as it can also be the wires to or from the sensor, unreadable tone wheel or controller that can set this code.
Even though this thread is about scan tools that can read ABS codes, it concerns a Chrysler vehicle and may be moved to the General Tech and Support or Minivan/Pacifica section.

·
Super Moderator
36,919 Posts
The SnapOn MT2500 I have will access the ABS codes as long as the proper card is installed to cover that model year. Eventually the MT2500 was dropped and a newer model offere.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes sorry it is a 07 chrysler van an your input was very helpful thanks i will also will post to general tech i just found this site an you have helped a lot

1 - 4 of 4 Posts