Discussion Starter #1
2005 PT cruiser Convertible gt turbo.
abs and Traction off lights are on.
Checked for codes, there are no codes.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
36,917 Posts
You need a scanner that can access the ABS computer to get the codes for the ABS system. Since the traction control system relies on the ABS, one fault has likely triggered both lights. You may want to pull the front wheels and make sure the wiring to the front speed sensors is OK, that no dirt is on the sensor face and that that tone rings for the ABS aren't chipped. This may save you from paying to have it scanned.

·
Super Moderator
21,352 Posts
It does take a more advanced scan tool to read the ABS/TRAC, airbag, body, transmission and other module fault codes.
Engine fault codes are relatively easy to get out. If the warning lights are on, you have a stored fault code.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2006 T&C van with the same lights on. I have taken it to several places, including dealership, and there are no codes stored. We replaced front wheel sensors and that did not work. We have checked wiring and fuses. Completely at a loss to what is causing the ABS and traction off lights to remain on and not be functioning. Does anyone know what should be done to fix problem?

I have a 2006 T&C van with the same lights on. I have taken it to several places, including dealership, and there are no codes stored. We replaced front wheel sensors and that did not work. We have checked wiring and fuses. Completely at a loss to what is causing the ABS and traction off lights to remain on and not be functioning. Does anyone know what should be done to fix problem?

·
Super Moderator
21,352 Posts
Welcome to Allpar. Don't replace any more parts until you know why the warning lights are on.
The dealership should be able to help you. If you had it there recently for this same issue, they should be OK with waiving the diagnostic fee this time around. It may help if the lights are on and the vehicle left running when you get there so they can get a scan tool on it right away. Get all estimates and work documented on a signed repair order.
A remote possibility is an instrument cluster malfunction keeping the warning indicator lights on when there is no problem with the actual ABS itself. There may be codes stored in the cluster for that.
There are 'No active or stored fault code' diagnostics also available at the dealer. They should be able to find it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts