Allpar Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im about to charge up my system but in order to do that i need the ac to be running and it doesnt seem to want to work without any freon in it.

Os there a way to overide this or diagnose that thus is actually the problem?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok where is the pressure cutoff switch? What does that look like.

And i have no means to create vacuum. Ill check out the store and see if they sell them

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I appreciate your concern.
I was mentored a little by my father in law who is an hvac man so i have a few base concepts.

I did find the pump at HF and brought it back and rigged it up.
It did have one small leak so i tightened it up and so far its holding vacuum for 20 min. Im gonna go out for food and when i get back ill check it again. If its still good ill run it for an hour or so and then fill er up.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok jumping the low pressure cutoff doesnt get it to kick on so it seems like a different reason the clutch is not engaging.

im thinking its the clutch relay due to the fact that if i jump the plug for the relay the clutch will engage.

it could be a bad relay but i was wondering if there is any way to tell before i go and replace it

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well i dont know what happened but now the car wont start. When i try to start it i hear the heavy click of the starter then the negative battery terminal smokes.
I think im done for today tho. Its just too hot out

also its giving me a code 41. i know what it means but i dont know how to follow thru with it.

and the radiator fan does come on.

And the battery is reading 12v

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thank you for the help so far bob

ive managed to get it started again by cleaning the battery terminals real good. luckily it was an easy fix like that.

however the compressor still doesnt want to engage even with a new relay. so i guess im tracking down the power source for that now

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.