Allpar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the Cruiser back up and running. After replacing the broken timing belt. ITS ALIVE. well sorta. I can drive it. The issue that I am having now is we pulled vacume after having to open the system to replace the belt. We recharged it and its full however the fan isnt coming on when the AC is on in the car. If you let the car sit and idle when it needs to cool the fan comes on and does it job. I have tried the paperclip test thing on the AC switch on the firewall. what else can I do to futher diagnose the problem at hand. if not ill be driving around with no AC.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The compressor is coming on. Infact if you turn the air on when driving down the raod with enough air to cool the coils or what ever moving air cools thru the radiator the air inside gets cold. its just the fan isnt coming on when you turn on the AC . If the engine needs the fan while idle or what ever it does come on and cool the engine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is it possable that the low speed portion of the fan could be bad ? Im going to go get a low spped fan relay today. It is the only one in the fuse box so I dont have anything to swap it out with to test like the horn relay. its strange.

1) Fan does not come on at all when AC is turned on. But compresser does.
2) While driving with air moving have nice cold AC.
3) Fan does kick on to cool engine when needed.
4) All connections are made to AC unit and fan.

Any other ideas clues hints what not is greatly needed. its going to get hot in Florida soon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.