Allpar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed yesterday I had watter dripping from my van on the passenger side near the front wheel. at first I thought I was afraid I had a heater line leak, but it doesn't seem to be antifreeze. Since I have notice that as soon as I turn the power on for the heat / AC, it seems the AC compressor is running without actually turning on the AC?????

Any input on this. Also I noticed the back AC is dripping condensation as well. (We haven't run the AC at in in a few days)

OOPS>>>This is on a 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport with a 3.8L

·
Virginia Gentleman
14,671 Posts
Either the AC switch is stuck in the "on" position or perhaps the drain is almost plugged which gives the appearance of water dripping even when the AC is not on? Where is the windshield wiper tank located? Perhaps that is leaking. Though I seem to remember the windhshield wiper tank was on the passenger side on my 2000 T&C. I believe the AC drain is towards the passenger side of the firewall - that's where it's located on most of the Mopar's I've owned.

·
Super Moderator
21,355 Posts
Is this an ATC system? They may run in other modes or when there is a large temperature difference between ambient and settings.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what if have noticed:

If I have the power buton off, i do not get any drips, if it is on i get drips, both front and rear AC & the AC is on actuated. No sure what type of system it is.

·
Super Moderator
21,355 Posts
ATC (automatic temperature control) would have the digital temperature display. MTC (manual temperature control) would be the basic system with the knobs.
Whenever the fan is blowing, it may be pushing out condensate. You probably should look down at the compressor clutch to see if it is actually engaged.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts